Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Presents Part 2

It was a happy homemade Christmas this year. I was excited to try my hand at larger lap quilts as gifts for my extended family. The pinwheel quilt was a gift for my brother-in-law and his wife. I loved the simplicity of the fabrics and how they complemented each other, and I appreciate the look of a pinwheel quilt.


My largest quilt yet -- twin/full size -- was a gift for my parents-in-law. I asked my husband for advice on the fabric choice, and we decided to go with Kate Spain's Fandango line which I was able to pick up on Ebay. It has the look of Spanish tile which is a nice match with the decor in their Arizona home. I kept the pattern extremely simple in order to let the fabric shine on its own, and I was amazed at how it really did bear a resemblance to a colorful tile floor. My quilting was also spartan on this piece, so it was almost more along the lines of a duvet than a quilt this time. I'm hoping to try some new quilting techniques on some smaller pieces in the future to see if I can get the hang of more intricate work.

2 comments:

  1. And it's even more beautiful in real life! We love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it, Heidi. Thanks so much. The quilt does work really well on our guest room bed. Thanks for your thoughtfulness and creativity sent our way!
    Love,
    Mary & Mike

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...